Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Excel Macro / VBA Craziness

A client got me to do some weird work in Excel last year to format a horrid output from their main software they use. Seems the "excel file" that was output from the software for their price list was none-to-user-friendly... So, I created a couple macros that renamed some stuff, deleted some unnecessary rows and columns, and voila.

Today, the same client asked for another bit-o-code. 8 hours later, I've got soem decent stuff. I learned about NumberFormat, text alignment, borders. and a couple other neat tidbits this time around. If I was really cool, I'd probably re-write the older stuff to make it a little cleaner, but........

Now I just have to figure out if I should charge for the work ;)


Labels: , ,